Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Activewear Haul


Mommylicious





It is a thing with me that I like starting to do things, things I have been procrastinating about, at the beginning of something new. For example, I will start eating healthy from the new year, or a new month, or my birthday etc. Is it strange or is it just me? Like I have been planning to start working out and losing all my pregnancy weight but somehow have not been able to do it. My son is a handful and I have not been very good at time-management with a baby. 

So, as we moved into our new house and my son turned one, I decided enough is enough. I really needed to workout and get fit. Seeing my old photographs were both motivating and sad. But I needed further motivation, so I went shopping for workout clothes. Cute new activewear can make me head to the gym. 

It is a collective haul as I have been to 3 stores over the weekend - TJ Maxx, Walmart and Forever 21. Yes, Walmart was completely unexpected. 

Let me start with the basic necessity, sports bra. I got both of them from Forever 21. I have been using Forever 21 sports bras forever and I like the quality and how comfortable they are. Each bra was $10. And this is what I love about Forever 21, you can get such great variety at such reasonable prices. 

This is my first yellow bra and I got it because I like my active-wear to be in fun colors. The back is interesting and is perfect for the strappy racer-back tank tops. 


This is a simple racer-back one. The back has a mesh kind of detail, which looks really cool. I love this bright girly color. 


Moving on to tank tops. I like tanks as opposed to tops with sleeves as they make me less sweaty. 

I picked up this orange tank from Forever 21 for $10. It is not very form-fitting and is very comfortable. It is soft and light and so bright! I am not a fan of colors like orange and yellow but I decided to change things up a little bit this time around. 


This plain black tank is by Danskin from Walmart. I was just walking past the active-wear section when I happened to spot this. It was just $4 and I thought it was a steal. It is super soft and light and comfortable. I loved the way it fit me. 


This tank is from TJ Maxx. I got it for $9. This one is slightly more fitted and thicker. But it really looks smart and I love the red and black combo.


This tank is from Walmart and it was $12. I love the double strap look. It has an in-built bra, so I can skip wearing a sports bra with this. This is one of my favorite shirts. 


Now the leggings. I like capri style leggings and need part of my legs to breathe in the open air. I am not the shorts kind of mommy. Not yet, at least. May be when I have a more toned body I can make the switch. 

This black animal print legging is from TJ Maxx and was $20. It is by Calvin Klein and it is so comfortable to workout in. It has a little mesh detail at the calves, adding to the cool quotient. 


The next 2 leggings are from Forever 21. They are $20 each. This legging is dual colored - it has gray in front and black at the back. I love the thick band at the waist, it prevent the legging from slipping during workouts. It also tucks the mommy pouch in!  


This one is plain black with the pink detailing in front. It is slightly shorter than the other 2 leggings and I love it. It is really light weight and flatters my body type. All the 3 leggings I got have hidden pockets, but honestly, I don't know what to hide in them! 


As you can conclude by now, I am not big on spending a lot on active-wear. I like to stick to affordable brands and stores. That way I will not feel guilty if these wear out soon. Rather a perk is I can get new ones. But from my previous experience with Forever 21 I know that only a handful of their clothes are the disposable kind; the others are keepers.   

Retail therapy always works for me. It lights up my mood for the time. And this time around, it has also motivated me to hit the gym. It is hard for me to prioritize working out as my son demands attention and then there is all the household chores. But I have been trying really hard to go to the gym everyday and burn, burn and burn those stubborn pounds. Hoping to see some results soon. Who ever said being a mom is easy!!







1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I liked every piece that has been shared on this post. I have started shopping for the activewear because I am overweight and it is time that I start moving. I have to shed a lot of kilos. My package for ALO yoga pants has just arrived and I can’t wait to order these now.

    ReplyDelete